Kashmir Law College, Nowhsera Srinagar annually publishes “Kashmir Journal of Legal studies”, a peer reviewed and refereed journal, approved by UGC & listed in UGC-CARE. The Journal represents issues of legal importance and emerging dimensions of legal research in the various disciplines of law.
Date of Submission
Interested persons are invited to submit their research papers/manuscripts for Volume X of KJLS for publication from 1st February 2023 to ending February, 2023 to be published in the month of June 2023.
Guidelines for Submission of Paper:
The author(s) of the research paper(s) are advised to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Format: The write-up of the paper must be strictly in conformity with the format of the Journal of the Indian Law Institute, New Delhi with the modification that the paper may contain a brief abstract of not more than 150 words to be immediately followed by key words;
- Font & Size: The entire research paper should not exceed ten thousand words typed in double space on one side of the A-4 size paper with font size of 12 in the Times New Roman format;
- File Format: Manuscript prepared in MS Word must be into a single file before submission. When preparing manuscripts in MS Word, the default File template available on website (Microsoft Word template file) must be used. Please do not insert any graphics (figures, etc.) into a movable frame which can superimpose the text and make the layout very difficult. Ensure to attach a copy of your manuscript in PDF file format.
- Hard & Soft Copy: The author is required to furnish both hard and soft copy(s) of the paper to the concerned designated person along with the forwarding letter including recommendations from at least five subject experts.
- No-Plagiarism Certificate: The author shall at the time of submission furnish a ‘certificate of No-Plagiarism’ to the effect that the research paper has neither been published in any other journal nor has he/she resorted to any sort of plagiarism;
- No. of Authors: The research paper written by more than two authors will not be considered for publication;
- Specified Time: The research papers received after the expiry of the specified time will not be considered for publication.
- Modification Time: The improvements, alterations and suggestions, if any, recommended by editorial board / subject experts, shall be retrieved back within seven days only from the date of communication of such improvements, alterations and suggestions. No further time shall be given in any case.
- Sending of Paper: Mere sending of paper shall not confer any right to the author(s) to publish the same in the KJLS unless the paper is thoroughly reviewed.
- Acceptance & Publication of Paper: The research paper(s) shall be published subject to the recommendations of a concerned group of subject expert(s) and after a thorough blind peer review process in order to ensure standard, quality and originality.
- Declaration Form: Once the author(s) is/ are informed about the acceptance of the paper for publication, he or she shall have to submit Declaration Form along with the processing charges of Rs. 3000/-.
All communications on the subject be made at the following Email: